Your shopping cart is empty
Detailed Installation Guide
How do I install Rapid Test?
Rapid Test modules should only be installed by a qualified and licensed electrician with suitable training in the operation and set up of this equipment. All wiring must be of suitable electrical rating for the installation purpose and must comply with local regulations. Connection and disconnection of Rapid Test modules should only be done with switchboard power turned off.
Only the main test unit (RTTUWF) requires 240vac power. You need to connect the Line, Neutral and Earth terminals to a 240vac supply in accordance with local wiring rules. It is recommended the unit is supplied from a dedicated circuit breaker where possible.
It is recommended that the wiring for the Rapid Test RCD connections be done using orange wire to ensure it is easily identifiable amongst other switchboard wiring.
The test bus is daisy chained from the main unit (RTTUWF) to each of the channel modules (RTRB24) in turn and provides the required connection to the selected RCD under test at any one time. The test bus connection provides a looping terminal for easy connection of multiple boards.
The communications bus connects the channel modules port on the main unit (RTTUWF) to the port labelled 'From Master / Previous Module’ on the channel board (RTRB24) using the Rapid Test patch cable (RTCBL). Starting at the main unit connect the RTCBL to the ‘From Master / Previous Module’ port of the first channel module. Subsequent channel modules are connected from the ‘Next Module’ port to the ‘From Master / Previous Module’ port. The test bus connects between each module also shown in the diagram above and below.
Each RCD to be tested is connected to an individual channel on the channel board. The channel assignment can be stored in the Master device by configuring it in the software.
The Rapid Test modules should be installed either horizontally base down or vertically with the terminal connections to the bottom. The modules have a DIN rail clip style base to make installation easier. Channel modules should only be installed where they are free from excessive vibration and are not subject to any impact.
NEVER ATTEMPT TO CONNECT OR DISCONNECT ANY RAPID TEST DEVICE WITH POWER TURNED ON
Rapid Test Installation Notes
- The RTTUWF unit is capable of managing up to 10 RTRB24 modules in close proximity to the RTTUWF.
- The installer must fix supply cables in the distribution board using cable ties or ducting as required by local wiring rules. Care must be taken not to allow copper strands to enter the RT unit’s apertures.
- A maximum torque of 1.4Nm should be applied to the mains rated screw terminals.
- Rubber dust covers (RTSDC) should be inserted in unused RJ45 connectors, to stop foreign bodies from entering the unit. Always ensure these covers are installed when the unit is to be mounted inside a mains rated enclosure.
- Use copper wire only
- Do not attempt to open any Rapid Test module as they do not contain any user serviceable parts.
- Rapid Test is certified to AS/NZS 3100:2009, and EMC compliant.
- The channels modules must be installed in such a manner as to avoid vibration and shock.